• October 14, 2021 at 4:52 pm #85849
    Jo LukeJoanne Luke
    Participant

Hi to all the participants of Writing Stories For Children. I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am from this course. I am loving using my imagination and all those skills from 5th form English that we all thought we  would never need.

I do have one problem  though. If Janice leaves me a comment on an assignment that I’ve submitted, I can’t see it. I have hunted around the site but can’t find how to get a view of her input about my work.

Could some one please give me a little hint on how to find these words of wisdom.

October 14, 2021 at 5:08 pm #85850
    Hazel McLoughlinHazel McLoughlin
    Participant

Hi, Joanne,

If you upload your assignments via the Canvas site, Janice usually attaches her comments in a pdf with a link you can click on. You can find them with each Assignment, or there’s a link to the latest one on the dashboard page.

If you submit by email, Janice should email you back. If you need to contact her direct, you can email [email protected], with Janice’s name in the subject box and she should get it.

We’ve set up a WhatsApp page for the Writing Stories for Children group. If you can leave your mobile number here, I’ll pass it on to Shirley who’s the admin for the group. We find it much easier to communicate with each other that way.

October 14, 2021 at 7:27 pm #85851
    Helen CraigHelen Craig
    Participant

Hi everyone,  I’ve been slowly working my way through ‘Writing Stories for Children’  for a while now, but didn’t know there was a Whatsapp group. I would love to be included, if someone could please make that happen.  My phone number is 0273328972.

Thanks,

Helen

October 15, 2021 at 6:15 am #85852
    Jo LukeJoanne Luke
    Participant

Hi again to all, I posted a question about seeing Janice’s comments on our marked work last night.

BUT

I forgot to say who I am.

SO, an introduction.

My name is Jo and I live in Huntly NZ. I have just discovered through this course that writing down what my imagination is working on is very satisfying. I’m a stay at home Nan of four grandies, which keep me busy most of the time. I have begun reading my story ideas to them to gauge their reaction. Often what I think is a neat idea is ignored by them, and what I might dismiss can be the one thing that sparks their interest. They also have wonderful ideas about things they want to know about. I based my writing for assignment 3 on the 6 year olds comment about the many cats that visit our back doorstep.

“Look at the anxious cats Nan. what do they want?

I’m so enjoying this program, though my computer and I are still getting to know one another and sometimes the machine is in charge and we are going places that I haven’t planned on.

All part of the fun. Have a great day everyone. Let your imagination be your guide.

October 15, 2021 at 6:20 am #85853
    Jo LukeJoanne Luke
    Participant

Morning Hazel,

Thanks for the help.

I’ll go there now.

Have a great day.

October 15, 2021 at 7:40 am #85854
    Shirley GoodwinShirley Goodwin
    Participant

Joanne,

If you give me your mobile number, I can add you to the WhatsApp group.There are 11 of us on it, all at various stages of the course. If you don’t want to post your number here, text me at 0211314623.

November 12, 2021 at 10:44 am #86055
    Jo LukeJoanne Luke
    Participant

Hello Shirley,  I would love to be included in Whatsapp group please. My phone number is 021 2471 395.

Thanks for reaching out. I find navigating around the webb site is a challenge and not being able to see Janice’s comments means i can’t see her advice.

Never mind small problems compared to the joy i am getting out of ‘Writing for Children’.

Have a great day, hope to hear from you soon.

November 12, 2021 at 10:48 am #86056
    Jo LukeJoanne Luke
    Participant

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for your directions. I have managed to submit a few assignments thanks to  your help.

All this is very new and a bit confusing at times, but i am loving the course.

Have a great day Hazel, and happy writing to you.

Jo Luke

November 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm #86061
    Participant

Hi Joanne,

I’ve texted you and sent an invite to the WhatsApp group.  Please respond.

cheers

Shirley

January 25, 2022 at 5:48 pm #86387
    Wayne HowesWayne Howes
    Participant

Hi, I am Wayne and I have just started the Writing Stories for Children Course. I am excited by this opportunity for my personal growth. At this point I am feeling a little nervous about fitting this course in alongside fulltime teaching.  I guess I am going to have to be strong about how I set my timetable. I am hoping that the forum and connecting with others, who will also be juggling their life, will provide motivation.

January 25, 2022 at 6:03 pm #86388
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

Many of us have found this forum difficult to use so we set up a WhatsApp group instead.  There’s around a dozen of us in it.  If you’d like to be included, text me at 021 131 4623 and I’ll add you.

Cheers,

Shirley

January 28, 2022 at 10:51 am #86409
    Janice MarriottJanice Marriott
    Participant

Hello Wayne

I have a mental  image of you in your caravan travelling NZ; I hope that comes true for you. Meanwhile I imagine that you are preparing for a new school year. Looking forward to your first assignment.

Janice

February 20, 2022 at 10:24 am #86483
    Debra ThompsonDebra Thompson
    Participant

Hi I am Debbie and I have just started on this new adventure into writing stories for children. I am very excited about  this journey. I have read stories to both my children as they grew up and books have always been a very big part of our lives. Assignment 1 nearly finished and I look forward to the feedback and how I can improve and expand my ability.

February 20, 2022 at 10:26 am #86484
    Debra ThompsonDebra Thompson
    Participant

February 23, 2022 at 9:06 am #86505
    Janice MarriottJanice Marriott
    Participant

It’s great to meet your writing, Debra!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.