• June 30, 2016 at 1:27 pm #4472
    Carol MorrisCarol Morris
    Participant

Hi I’m Carol, Registrar at the Institute. I have been working here since 2002 and love meeting new people even if it is at a distance. I never feel you are that far away as I have many conversations with lots of you. I hope you will introduce yourself here so others can follow your lead.

Have a great day.

July 5, 2016 at 5:21 pm #4670
    Janice MarriottJanice Marriott
    Participant

I am the course creator and tutor of Writing Stories for Children and am happy for students to  ask questions here, of me or of other students.

All the best.

July 14, 2016 at 2:17 pm #5392
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

I’m Tina Shaw, the fiction tutor. I hope you’ll all check out the wonderful new student forum, and throw some questions or comments at us!

July 26, 2016 at 2:34 pm #5972
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Hi there, I’m Olivia Thatcher and I’ve just begun the ‘Writing for Stories for Children’ course.  Very excited to be here!

July 26, 2016 at 6:40 pm #6013
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

Welcome, Olivia! You’ve chosen a great course.

August 4, 2016 at 1:25 pm #6314
    Agnes WinterAgnes Winter
    Participant

Hi, I’m Agnes Winter and i am a graduate  of the Institute. I did my course on Writing books for children. I enjoyed working with my tutor Janice Marriott.  I looked forward to receiving my tutorials back from Janice, it was like opening a birthday present or a Christmas gift. I enjoyed all the encouragement the tips and corrections. they were invaluable. You showed me how to put my imagination into stories. Thanks. Now i have taken some time off work and doing some serious writing and i am enjoying it very much.

August 5, 2016 at 7:44 am #6359
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

Hi Agnes, how nice to hear about your course, and it’s great you’ve taken time off to devote to your writing!

August 5, 2016 at 12:10 pm #6373
    Participant

Hello Agnes, thank you for that lovely image about opening presents!  I enjoyed that.

And I’m glad you have managed to take time off to work on your writing.  I  wish you all the best with it.

Janice

August 5, 2016 at 12:12 pm #6375
    Participant

Hello Olivia,

It is a pleasure to have you on the course.  I have just seen your first response to Assignment One.  I’d love to know more about you so I can target my help in the most useful way for you.  Could you send in the Student Information form?  Thanks a lot.

Janice

August 5, 2016 at 12:18 pm #6377
    Carol MorrisCarol Morris
    Participant

Hi Janice, Julie is scanning and emailing the form that Olivia sent in with her enrolment form.

August 18, 2016 at 9:26 am #7267
    Participant

Hi.  I’m Tristan and I live in Hamilton.  I previously did the Freelance Journalism course with NZIBS and now I’m getting so much work as a freelance journalist I can barely keep up with my Writing Stories for Children course!

I’m a big fan of Janice Marriott’s work and feel special to have her as my tutor.

>>>>

That’s great news, Tristan, about being busy as a journalist.

Janice’s latest book is GRANDPARENTS TALK. It’s journalism (interviewing ) in practice.

ISBN 9781869539481. About $40.

BM

February 12, 2017 at 4:10 pm #16030
    Neryl CrossNeryl Cross
    Participant

Hi I’m Neryl and I have just begun the “Writing Stories for Children” course. I have just been navigating my way around the Student Discussion board and reading up on some of the newsletters, where you can find heaps of good information and advice.  Am so excited for the year ahead with my journey with NZIBS. I have almost completed my first assignment and will be posting it off this week.

February 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm #16039
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

Hi Neryl, welcome to NZIBS! Great to see you checking out the Student Forum.

March 5, 2017 at 7:02 pm #17704
    Participant

Hello, Janice and fellow WSC 2017 students.  My name is Rose Parlane, one of the new recruits to the WSC course.  I’m embarking on an adventure I have been talking about taking for many years.  I have always wanted to write for children and I very much hope this is the start of an exciting new chapter in my life!  I look forward to participating in the forum and learning many new things this year. Best wishes, Rose.

March 16, 2017 at 11:34 am #18666
    Participant

Hi I’m Karen McDell, It’s good to have my password sorted so that I can look at the forum etc. I am doing the Writing for Children course. We have WOMAD in New Plymouth this weekend which I am going to. I have been working away on Assignments 1 and 2 but haven’t sent them through yet but I’ll get there!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.