• January 24, 2023 at 2:34 pm #87169

Hi everyone!

My name is Natalie and I’m about to embark on the Writing Stories For Children course. I live in Hamilton and run a business alongside my husband Andrew. Between us we have seven adult children and soon to be six grandchildren. As a child I was always writing stories and following my busy mother around the house reading them to her. I am one of seven children so my mum was very busy! I now realize how patient she was with me and if memory serves me well I’m pretty sure my active imagination manifested as a new story every other day. I’ve worked in many different sectors, including caring for young children,  enabling me to remain at home when my own children were growing up. I always adored babies and children and my care children became the extra babies I hadn’t given birth to, and one of my favourite things was to read to them and bring the characters from the books to life. Fast forward to the year 2000 and I became a grandmother for the first time! I adore my grandchildren and they have helped to keep my inner child alive and playful. I began writing a story for young children several years ago which I have yet to finish. I didn’t think I would have any more grandchildren, however my husband and I now have two baby granddaughters  aged one year, and ten months, and another wee girl due to arrive in May! These wee girls have provided me with the extra motivation to complete my story. I identified that the thing that stopped me from completing the story, were the many questions I had, so I’m really excited to be on this course. My ultimate goal is to be a successful writer and to live at my favourite beach with Andrew and our fur baby Holly 🙂

January 24, 2023 at 2:56 pm #87170
    Vanessa TownsendVanessa Townsend
    Participant

Hi everyone

My name is Vanessa Townsend and my inner child is super excited to begin the Writing Stories for Children course!  🙂

April 17, 2023 at 8:10 pm #88563
    Kirstin MartinKirstin Martin
    Participant

Hello, my name is Kirstin. I live in Ashhurst, a little town in the Manawatu, New Zealand. I live with my husband and daughter, who is 2 years old and keeps me on my toes! I am looking forward to starting the creative writing course, as it has always been an interest and passion of mine and I am excited to see where this journey takes me.

May 3, 2023 at 7:40 pm #88947
    Deborah CardenDeborah Carden
    Participant

Kia ora ki a koutou.  My name is Deborah (Deb is good too) Carden.  I’ve just started the course and am so looking forward to feedback, chat and an entirely new world of delights.

Nga mihi.

June 14, 2023 at 9:12 am #89164
    Lois BlackwellLois Blackwell
    Participant

Hi everyone!  I’m Lois Blackwell and I have just started this course.  I have really enjoyed the first assignment and the valuable feedback from Janice.  I am a primary school Librarian and have been in the education sector for many years.  Working with children is so much fun – it certainly has its ups and downs, but is never boring!  I’m looking forward to learning how to write for children and one day I may even be able to process a book in the library with my name on it!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 16, 2023 at 1:25 pm #89166
    Julia PrattJulia Pratt
    Participant

Hello,

I’m Julia and I’m very excited to begin this journey. I work with children and have a passion for writing. I am looking forward to learning a lot more though this Writing Stories for Children course.

October 31, 2023 at 12:49 pm #89323
    Tovah O’NeillTovah O’Neill
    Participant

Ngā mihi,

My name is Tovah. It seems I’m the first one on here for the October cohort, so I’m hoping that I am in the right place to begin the introductions.

I am a mum, teacher and tutoring business owner who has always appreciated education and writing. I am looking forward to this experience and growing alongside likeminded people.

Thank you for the opportunity.

November 28, 2023 at 3:53 pm #89348
    Cecilia Sua-RappelCecilia Sua-Rappel
    Participant

Hi, my name is Cecilia and I am a retired teacher who misses the classroom and hanging out with the ones who have kept me young for a long time.  I am so looking forward to completing this course and who knows, I may even write stories that children will not put down.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 19, 2024 at 9:54 am #89473
    Kathleen HarrisKathleen Harris
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Kathleen and I am very excited to be embarking on the Writing Stories for Children course. I am a retired registered nurse who owns a hobby farm with my husband and two teenage daughters.  We have a menagerie of pets including ten very loud parrots so there is never a dull moment in our house.  I am an avid reader and writing has always been a dream so I’m looking forward to getting started.

April 3, 2024 at 8:26 pm #89490
    Vicky MurphyVicky Murphy
    Participant

Hi Team

i am Vicky Murphy I love NZIBS, I had a lovely experience back around 2018 perhaps when I finished my Life Coaching Diploma. And now I am returning to study with NZIBS now in 2024.

I am looking forward to what unfolds and where this journey takes me. I hope to inspire and bring humour to the deeper aspects of life that little deep thinkers dive dive into. Weaving a moral of the story into my shared writing. Talking, speaking and story telling  and teaching, come naturally to me, in spoken word. writing not so much, I am putting my self out there to meet the vision I seen in my minds eye. I look forward to getting the courage to “do it anyway” and journeying together and hearing of each others journeys and sharing my own. Such a supportive place to Study, NZIBS,  I hold dear to my heart with a  high standard of support and real time encouragement, expertise and learning.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.