• February 23, 2022 at 7:41 pm #86513
    Debra ThompsonDebra Thompson
    Participant

Hi Janice, it is lovely to begin this journey. I am really enjoying it.

February 24, 2022 at 2:13 pm #86521
    Helen PanayiodouHelen Panayiodou
    Participant

Hi I’m Helen Panayiodou. I have recently retired after teaching for nearly 40 years. Now I get to do all the things on my bucket list. Writing is on top of the list. I am looking forward to the course. My grandchildren inspire me. I want to make them laugh, think and understand. Well here goes….

February 28, 2022 at 1:43 pm #86536
    Janice MarriottJanice Marriott
    Participant

Good to hear that.

February 28, 2022 at 1:45 pm #86537
    Participant

Hello Helen

I’m waiting to receive your student Information sheet so I can   make sure my comments ate in line with your goals.  Then I can comment on your Assignment One.

March 23, 2022 at 10:48 am #86596
    Debra ThompsonDebra Thompson
    Participant

Morning all. I would love to be added to the What’s up group 027 3916460. Just completing assignment two in and amongst other life challenges. Fully refocused now. Must admit this assignment has challenged me and I have really enjoyed it.

April 5, 2022 at 7:52 am #86620
    Fran HaighFran Haigh
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I have just started Writing Stories for Children, have submitted my first assignment and now working on the second one.  I am really impressed so far with the content and finding it helpful.  I have always believed since I was a young child that I would be a writer, and I have done a lot of writing over the years for different situations, but never was able to come up with my own ideas to write about. As soon as I saw the course I knew this was it and since then I have been able to start generating ideas and writing for children.  I used to be a teacher and worked with children in other settings too, I’m not sure why it took me so long to work out that this was the audience I should be writing for ?!  I have some time off around Easter so looking forward to being able to spend more time than usual on this. I live in Upper Hutt, Wellington incase there are any catch up groups that are meeting ?

April 6, 2022 at 8:59 am #86624
    Participant

Good to have you on board, Helen.

April 6, 2022 at 9:01 am #86625
    Participant

Hello Fran

It might have taken you a long time to get here butI am enjoying your writing now. Glad you are enjoying the course.

June 12, 2022 at 10:55 am #86749
    Cheryl EvansCheryl Evans
    Participant

Hi to all on the Writing Stories for Children course.

My name is Cheryl and I am in Oropi (Rural Tauranga).  I am loving this course.  I have always loved writing, but have never had the confidence to attempt a book.  Although it has always been a dream.  I am working my way through Tutorial 4 at the current time.  I was a Registered Nurse for many years.  I now care for my father who has severe dementia.  I own a hobby farm, homing slightly unusual residents. (Highland cattle, chickens, Peacocks, Kune Kune Pigs, Alpacas and Valais Blacknose Sheep.)  I am also a hobbyist bee keeper and a huge fan of really old vintage cars.  I hope to draw ideas for children’s books from my own life circumstances, as well as researching further afield.  I have already seconded the children on neighboring farms to talk to me about their favorite books!

Very best of luck to everyone on this course.  And thank you Janice, for excellent support and feedback.

June 15, 2022 at 10:22 am #86771
    Participant

Having a hobby farm, Cheryl, and an interest in vintage cars  both seem excellent subject matter for stories for children.

Janice

July 17, 2022 at 7:50 pm #86865
    Wotylah MendozaWotylah Mendoza
    Participant

Kumusta and Kia Ora to our NZIBS whānau. My name is Wotylah and I was born in the beautiful island of the Philippines. I grew up in Tāmaki Makaurau and began my teaching career in my twenties.

My passion for teaching and advocating for children grew over time, as I spent several years travelling and working in developing countries around Asia and the South Pacific. I hope to learn and explore creative ways to communicate important life lessons to share with children from all walks of life.

Thank you Janice for the student handbook! It’s good to be a student and learner again.

Enjoy the course and see you online soon.

July 27, 2022 at 2:32 pm #86887
    Hertha JamesHertha James
    Participant

Excited to begin Writing Stories for Children. After teaching science and biology for 23 years, I spent 12 years as a high school librarian which was great fun. Over the last 8 years, I’ve written 15 books about training horses with positive reinforcement via the Amazon platform.

Definitely time now for a new writing adventure. I want to hone my fiction and non-fiction writing for children. Look forward to chatting with other students over the year to come.

August 8, 2022 at 8:44 pm #86922
    Participant

That looks like a lovely horse.

August 8, 2022 at 8:47 pm #86923
    Participant

Glad to have you on board Wotylah

October 9, 2022 at 5:23 pm #86998
    Julie HylandJulie Hyland
    Participant

Hi everyone I have just completed Assignment 4, and thoroughly enjoying the challenge of the Children’s writing course.  We are currently building a new house, and living in a rental, with rats in the walls!  I am looking forward to my new study where I can sit and look out on our horses and garden.  My husband and I run an agricultural contracting business, so after a very wet winter, we are looking forward to the new season starting.  In my spare time, I spend I love to go to the forest on my horse.  Me on the right with my two children.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.