• May 26, 2018 at 11:18 am #47017

how is this for a handy tip:

The first step to enable Photoshop to always zoom images with the “Fit on Screen” setting is to create an action for this purpose. Start by going to the Actions panel, choosing Window > Actions if the panel isn’t currently visible. Navigate to the folder (or create a new one) in the Actions panel where you want to create the action. Then “Create a New Action” button (the blank sheet of paper icon) at the bottom of the Actions panel to start the process of creating an action.

In the New Action dialog, type a meaningful name for the action, such as “Zoom Fit on Screen”. Confirm the desired folder is selected for the action, and then click Record to begin creating the actual action. Then click on the panel popup menu at the top-right of the Actions panel (it has an icon of a set of four horizontal lines) and choose “Insert Menu Item” from the popup menu.

When the Insert Menu Item dialog appears, go to the menu bar and choose View > Fit on Screen. Then click OK in the Insert Menu Item dialog. You can then click the “Stop Recording” button (the white square icon) at the bottom of the Actions panel to stop recording the action.

Next, go to the menu bar and choose File > Scripts > Script Event Manager. In the Script Events Manager dialog turn on the “Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions” checkbox if it isn’t already turned on. Then choose “Open Document” from the Photoshop Event popup. Below that, set the option button to Action (rather than Script). Select the folder where you created the action, and the action you created with the Fit on Screen command. Click the Add button to add this event, and then click the Done button to close the Script Events Manager dialog.

At this point, every time you open an image in Photoshop (whether directly or via another application such as Adobe Bridge), the image will automatically resize with the “Fit on Screen” zoom setting

Modify it to suit you…you can make it whatever you want to do…

May 26, 2018 at 4:11 pm #47031

New book I am reading, “Another kind of life”. Many photos. Photography on the margins. Mainly about people different, evocative, difficult. Interesting, again not my kind of vision, but for those with a vision outsiders studio environment mighty good. Very helpful text/observations.

ISBN: 978 3 7913 8427 6. See http://www.prestel.com

Who has a good book for me to recommend?

PS Reading a novel too by  Nick Petrie; title is Light it up. A Peter Ash novel. Action, rivetting, page turner. Goooood!

Have a lovely weekend….

May 29, 2018 at 4:32 pm #47202

Have been contemplating to leave this SDB behind, work on it from my side seems to generate little or no interest.

If any of you is keen on staying in touch I’ll post some links soon where to find my “newsy bits”.

All new students in 2018  have not even made an effort of getting acquainted on here, so I am better of  concentrating my efforts on more productive channels.

For those who have supported me during all these fantastic years – thank you so much  for connecting on this wonderful passion “photography”.

May 29, 2018 at 5:13 pm #47209
    Jill JacksonJill Jackson
    Participant

Thank you for your support. . .ex-graduate. . .JJ

May 29, 2018 at 5:30 pm #47216
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

I would like to keep in contact Robert. Maybe just via email or what ever you come up with.

You did start up a FB page some time back. Is that still going or do you have a better idea.

I see Congratulations are in order for two of your past students, Jill Jackson and Constance Fein Harding.

Good on them.

I get torn between creating photographs and creating ceramics.

Cheers Merlin.

May 29, 2018 at 6:01 pm #47219

Just a short note for all those full moon shooters tonight, you can photograph the full moon at a 1/125th of a second, aperture F8 or F11, tripod, long lens, mirror up, 100 ISO.

Make sure you’ve got an interesting foreground or silhouette to work in conjunction with the full moon picture.

May 31, 2018 at 8:27 pm #47418
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

I actuallly leapt out of bed earlier than usual this morning to take advantage of the foggy views.

I have been so very busy lately creating ceramics that my photography has suffered.

I know it is all about time management and that is something that I must address.

Merlin.

May 31, 2018 at 8:41 pm #47422
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

Gorgeous views 🙂

June 2, 2018 at 10:03 am #47469

View one is excellent  —  a bit of editing and you have an honours photo there. May play with cropping and edges… Your ceramics are beautiful – you are spending the right time on the right thing, keep going and perhaps leap more frequently?!

Ok I am out of here….

June 3, 2018 at 11:36 am #47525
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

Hi Robert. I have been super busy trying to get fit and get on top of my blood pressure issues. I have totally neglected NZIBS and apologise. Writing and photography have just not found a place in my life for a while – though I still post a few photos on Facebook. You have been a huge part of this forum for so long – I have forgotten now how many years I have been involved! The time has come to pick up my writing again (hence visiting here and discovering your comment about leaving the forum). That will be a great  loss.

Arohanui,

Amanda.

June 3, 2018 at 2:10 pm #47548

Hi Mandy, I will stay on the forum – but my activities will be for students.

They need me as their tutor, what I meant by leaving is – will not create more challenges or share links  or newsy bits.

Of course I’ll be always willing to be your “beta reader” of your poetry and writing, I always enjoyed reading your words!

If the current “climate” om this SDB forum for photographers changes =i’ll be happy to participate again.

Feel free to use your photos as you like – do not need a creditline. And happy to make more new photos when you want or need them.

Shall post a link soon where and how to “follow” me to replace what I did here.

fondest regards, it has been a wonderful pleasure to be with you all.

June 3, 2018 at 6:01 pm #47563
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

Thank you, Robert.

September 4, 2018 at 4:42 pm #51641
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

I just got a renew membership email ($100). I wont be paying so it’s goodbye from me to the SDB. Take care 🙂 XXX

[attachment file=51642]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 4, 2018 at 6:05 pm #51665

Good afternoon Niki, sorry to hear that you have been charged $100 to participate on the forum only and a few other privileges. Perhaps the office would like to retain its current members by offering a nominal fee of say five dollars for participating on the forum to continue the discussions. Sorry to see you go, you have always been one of the most prolific posters with excellent image content.

The pose of your cat is excellent, I imagine the cat copied it from the boss……

I can’t recall any other student who has been as active on the student discussion board as you. You are the best!

Is there any other communication platform from which you will be posting your images? I like to follow your efforts.
    For those who want to follow me, at present I am on http://www.behance.net/albanystudios with my current projects. I’ll post my latest image here as well.
    I hardly ever post on Facebook, and Flickr and Instagram do not hold much for me either.
    Vero on my P 20 pro is quite good.
    All my best wishes and my heartfelt thanks for your years of contributions to this photography forum.

September 5, 2018 at 9:46 am #51687
    NZIBS AdminNZIBS Admin
    Participant

There seems to be some confusion. Niki isn’t being charged to post on the forum, she is being charged to renew her Grad Club membership. The $100 per year membership comes with several benefits, including access to the forum and tutor, renewal of ID card, networking opportunities, etc. This year we have revamped our site with a new Portal which also provides access to the WordPress Course and Graduate Library with excellent resources. I hope you can see the value as we put a lot of effort in maintenance and innovation and charge one of the lowest membership rates.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.