• September 10, 2016 at 7:59 am #9017
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

Very precious now 😀  My photo was accepted by the Oxford Observer. A close up of the lambs is going on the side bar of the front page. 😀 They’re sending me coffee vouchers for the local cafes. So cool.

Snow is all gone.

September 10, 2016 at 8:23 am #9020

Wonderful, a stock shot for Alamy.com perhaps too???

September 13, 2016 at 11:05 am #9203
    Jill JacksonJill Jackson
    Participant

Fanciful Flower Shoes – Honours

September 14, 2016 at 8:38 pm #9372
    Participant

Matty, Po and Lala

September 15, 2016 at 12:43 pm #9407

Jill. Would you be so kind to give us some insights? They look fab. What is the base, what did you do make these shoes yourself? Very creative and inspiring why a triptych?

Could you do an individual shoe with a Cinderella theme or lighting? So pleased we have you in our midst again!???

Oops, the icons I choose are not what is shown here,my tablet has a different icon look, apologies for any misinterpretations..?

September 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm #9601
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Robert, I have invested in a new lens. A Lensbaby Velvet 56 f/1.6

This is one of my first images.

I was looking for a small point of focus on the orange petal with softness from there on out.

I will leave this lens on my camera for a while so I can get used to its capabilities, and mine!

Merlin.

September 19, 2016 at 11:21 am #9633
    Jill JacksonJill Jackson
    Participant

Robert.

Back from rainy Auckland, interesting trip, meet lots of like-minded extremely creative photographers. . . wow their photography. . . amazing!     I just loved their creativity and imagination!

Insights. . . just images of flowers, stems and leaves. . . put together some in bits, some in larger parts and with the help of Photoshop and the Liquify tool.

I wanted the shoes to look ‘modern’ so I went to the Shoe Shop at the Mall and photographed their beautiful pair of red platform high heel shoes on display in the window. . . one shoe was on a side-on view the other showing the heel which gave me the idea for the centre image. . . heels with thorns!!!

The shoe sole(base) is a leaf shaped (Liquify tool) and using the image taken of the modern high heel shoes as a guide for shape.

Why? Triptych Challenge at the Photography Club. . . I like the Triptych, you can get to tell a story or feast on a fantasy of imagination. . . great way of expressing anything!

Of course you can do an individual shoe with a Cinderella theme. . . sounds a great idea there Robert, we look forward to seeing it   :-))

September 19, 2016 at 11:22 am #9635
    Jill JacksonJill Jackson
    Participant

Mexican Wave – Honours

September 19, 2016 at 3:46 pm #9664

I take my hat of for you Jill, good!

Perhaps the drop shadow of the image frames could match the direction of the light on the hats?

September 19, 2016 at 9:07 pm #9687
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Blue Iris.

October 10, 2016 at 9:34 am #10760
    Participant

I hear it, a sound so slight, and I know … he is in the house.

I slip to the floor, and reach under the bed for the 12″ pig sticker that lies there waiting for this night.

I creep across the room to the open door … the knife cold in my grip.

My silk nightie clings to my moist body; the beat of my heart fills my chest.

I edge down the moonlit hallway. Hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

I turn the corner. Shadows deep, menacing … a floorboard creaks.

The smell of him hits me first …

October 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm #11075
    Jill JacksonJill Jackson
    Participant

Classic Book Title Challenge –

‘Pride and Prejudice’ by Jane Austen

October 23, 2016 at 10:13 am #11201
    Participant

karakul rams

October 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm #11209
    Participant

karakul lamb and ewe

October 28, 2016 at 4:35 am #11413
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

Jill, I loved those shoes!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags