• July 6, 2016 at 10:17 pm #4793

Post any image here for general viewing, in the “Talking Point” thread you can discuss general matter.

July 8, 2016 at 5:29 pm #4938
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

Cinnamon Apple Pie

July 8, 2016 at 5:31 pm #4941
    Participant

Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Stout Beer Bread

July 8, 2016 at 5:57 pm #4944

This apple pie is lovely to eat but the photo is not as good, the blob of ??? is wrong, background is not that pleasent texture of pie is excellent but visually it falls apart. Perhaps turn the container of the soup and avoid a white top right hand corner?

July 8, 2016 at 6:04 pm #4946

Graet,  soup with texture and detail, actually the bread is even more inviting, do not know if I like to see one of them out of focus, perhaps introduce element 3 to get a better balance, the eye now flicks from bread to soup and back, a curved line on which your objects of interest are placed may be more visually pleasing instead of left right left right..? Makes sense or not?

July 8, 2016 at 6:44 pm #4949
    Participant

Thanks Robert 🙂

It’s a blob of cream. I found it so hard to photograph the pie … all that brown. And yes the background is yuck. Im afraid im not very stylie when it comes to this sort of thing, plus it was done at night-time.

Yes I understand about the bread, soup, bread, soup. My eyes jump from one to the other too. The bread is really yummy, has that bitter aftertaste of stout. The recipe said it doesn’t work with stout. Well I proved it wrong hehe. Maybe because it’s home-brew.

I did carrot and honey muffins today and struggled with how to place them in the photo. Im keen to see what you say. Will hopefully get the photo posted tomorrow.

July 8, 2016 at 6:55 pm #4951
    Participant

I’m putting my lemon meringue pie in here because I fell off the forum and had to be reinstated which meant my pie disappeared from the talking point hehe

July 8, 2016 at 7:34 pm #4956
    Participant

For some reason I’ve become obsessed with cooking. I’m totally in love with it.

I make all my own biscuits and crackers. Totally refuse to buy any supermarket ones. They’re just so horrid.

This is Lavosh, a Middle Eastern crispbread. Yummy, yummy, yummy. 😀

July 9, 2016 at 4:18 pm #4990
    Participant

Carrot and Honey Muffins – Unfortunately I chose to cut the muffin who was lacking in the sultana department 😀 But that is ok because I like showing that home cooking is far from perfect … well mine is anyway 😀 😮

July 9, 2016 at 5:45 pm #5000

Muffin shot better, try to introduce the unexpected, drop a sultana or create a highlight to heighten contrast with mirror on a little spot so it starts breathing more life. Love the little trunk hanging from the muffin in the front. Composition better, lovely textures image can be cropped. Very hard to comment on image on laptop as the message to respond is way below the image, when back I can use my multiscreen set up in the studio to give better feedback.

Do you have a collection of smileys as images to insert Niki?

Question when I click on the insert image icon a pop up box tells me to indicate the “source”.

Is that the path to the image on my hard drive?

July 11, 2016 at 5:44 pm #5164
    Participant

Chocolate Chip Cookies

August 15, 2016 at 11:50 am #6947
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Keywords: playing, colour, water, oil, moonscape.

September 8, 2016 at 3:07 pm #8916
    Participant

Snow Day

September 8, 2016 at 9:48 pm #8932
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

How thoughtful. Do you have a spare jersey for me? Your cold wind has hit us up north!

September 9, 2016 at 6:18 pm #9002

Wooly warm stuff, how cute, are they precious apart from being part of the family?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags