• February 23, 2022 at 5:28 pm #86510
    Margaretta SlaneyMargaretta Slaney
    Participant

Do any of you work as well as this?  I’ve just resigned from a committee to take some pressure off. I hope I will settle into a new routine soon. I really want this course to work for me. I like reading but i’m a bit slow at it.  Any body got any great tips?!

February 23, 2022 at 6:13 pm #86512
    Janet MaunderJanet Maunder
    Participant
    Hi Margaretta, I am hoping to fit the course around my two days as an anaesthetic nurse at the hospital and my holistic healing business so it might be a squeeze to get an assignment a month done but that’s what l am aiming at.
    Your question for reading when l was a student nurse many moons ago l taught myself to speed reading, what you do it look at the page and let your eyes run quickly over the words eventually your brain learns to take in the information on the pages you need. It worked for me and didn’t take too long to learn.
    I would like to join the bubby group as well please
    February 24, 2022 at 8:40 am #86514
    Vanessa ChaplowVanessa Chaplow
    Participant

I’m a casual shift worker and trying to clean up the jungle (its actually bush) that has taken over the section.  If I don’t work in the morning I’m still up early so I can sit in bed with a coffee and do a couple of hours study before I start working outside and then to my shift work if it’s in the afternoon.  It can be hard fitting in study and found it harder with no set dates assignment are due.  So I have marked out on my calendar every 4 weeks as a due date to fit all 6 tutorials to be completed within 6 months.

When I study I’m armed with a highlighter, pen and paper and the tutorial so I can make notes that I refer back to when doing the assignments.  Google is great for information that I use when doing the assignments, if there is anything of interest that relates to assignments I copy and paste it onto a blank document then save it, for example, notes ass2, and make sure that I also copy the website in case I need more information, so far this has worked for me.

We all have our methods and times of study, when my children was young (of course so was I) I would study after they went to bed as I was a full time working single parent.  Now I handle it better if my study is in the morning, not the evening as so tired (wonder if that is an age thing?).

Anyway good luck, hope you find what works for you, sometimes its a bit of trial and error finding what suits us.

February 24, 2022 at 1:49 pm #86520
    Amanda SmithAmanda Smith
    Participant

hey, i am happy to start a study/ buddy group- group chat. we can do this via group email or if easier a group chat on messenger? Let me know your thoughts?…… Amanda 🙂

February 24, 2022 at 4:30 pm #86525
    Vanessa ChaplowVanessa Chaplow
    Participant

From pass experience I have found it easier with group chat on messenger, easier to follow the thread.

February 24, 2022 at 7:35 pm #86526
    Janet MaunderJanet Maunder
    Participant

Agree much easier to follow especially if it’s set up as a group chat

February 25, 2022 at 11:25 am #86530
    Margaretta SlaneyMargaretta Slaney
    Participant

Thanks Ladies, I will keep moving forward.  I would love to be part of a group chat too

February 25, 2022 at 1:55 pm #86533
    Amanda SmithAmanda Smith
    Participant

cool ,if anyone would like to be added to a group chat on messenger for study advice and support etc please send me your facebook name to my email and I will add you, please also let me know what your profile pic is as you know sometimes there are more than one of you in the world 🙂 😉 :p

my email is [email protected]

thanks guys!

Amanda

October 31, 2022 at 9:42 pm #87029
    Deborah EatonDeborah Eaton
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I’m Debbie, a late arrival to the group. I’m very excited to get started and get my pack in the next day or two.

Am looking forward to working with you as the weeks go by.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.