• January 25, 2022 at 1:57 pm #86380
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hui, Yin. I am taking on this new journey to become a life coach and very excited about it. My first week into the course, with all the online and hard copy learning materials I just received, I am not sure where to start with. I would appreciate if anyone can share with me their own approach to the study.

Many thanks,

Hui

January 25, 2022 at 4:52 pm #86382
    Helen JohnsonHelen Johnson
    Participant

Hi Hui,

Welcome to study. I started this week to.

What have you started with? And: Well done to you, you managed to post a comment to other students while I was still learning the “how to”.

To date I have read the info that was posted to us and today I have been systematically working through the student portal and course info on line. Looking forward to hear about your progress.

Cheers Helen

I love professional development and study.

January 25, 2022 at 8:43 pm #86391
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hey Helen, lovely to meet you! I am pretty much doing the same thing. I’ve been reading a bit here and there when I can, just to get an overall idea about the course. I’ve been also trying to get familiar with the online system as well.

It might take a couple of days to orientate myself,  and I’ll be starting to look into the first Tutorial material. All the best to your study. Let’s catch up soon!

Cheers,

Hui

January 26, 2022 at 8:54 am #86393
    Phil LinklaterPhil Linklater
    Participant

Hi Hui Yin,

Welcome. As it is with any goal you’ll get there one step at a time. Chunk things down. Read the the first Tutorial but don’t try to take it all in. Then read the first question in the assignment. Return to the tutorial and use those parts that relate to the first question. Do that, save your document. When you are ready repeat the process. Save your work in the same document. Soon, all parts of the assignment are complete!

Take the time to check out the unlimited resources available online as well. Newsletters from coaching websites, TEDTalks, YouTube etc.

January 26, 2022 at 7:55 pm #86397
    Margaretta SlaneyMargaretta Slaney
    Participant

Hi Hui Yin and Helen,

I’ve just started this week also. I haven’t figured this system completely out yet.  I need to find where the assignments are. I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere. 😀  I’ve had peak at both books sent, they both look really interesting. I’m looking forward to this journey!

Margaretta

January 27, 2022 at 9:10 am #86399
    Helen JohnsonHelen Johnson
    Participant

Hi Margaretta,

Welcome aboard. I am finding the books exciting and easy reading. I cart them every where with me to read at any opportunity. More exciting than  checking my media updates every time I get 10 minutes space between jobs. :<).

Happy study

Cheers Helen

January 27, 2022 at 10:22 pm #86406
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your suggestions, and nice to meet you! I will definitely follow those steps and I’ve already started reading Tutorial 1 and the book ” Coach Yourself to Success”. Like you say, will need to break it down so yes I am trying to reorganize my time, which is a bit of challenge for someone like me…I am never good at time management. But hey, that’s the point coming to the course and make some self improvement!

Thanks for all the tips.

Cheers,

Hui

January 27, 2022 at 10:41 pm #86407
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hi Margaretta,

Great to hear from you! Welcome to the course. I think this is such a great subject to study and well done that we are all here 🙂

In the course confirmation email on the first day I received from the admin, there was a link inside the email: https://nzibs.instructure.com/login/canvas

All the tutorial content and assignments are under the “Courses” session. Hope this helps 🙂

Enjoy the study and catch up soon! …Hui

February 2, 2022 at 2:36 pm #86420
    Amanda SmithAmanda Smith
    Participant

Kia ora everyone, I’m Amanda just started the life coach course, online now trying to find my way around the system. Just wondering is this the forum us students stay in contact or is it via social media support group? Any tips for the online system? I can see 2x uploaded turorials is this correct?

Look forward to chatting with you all soon 🙂 🙂 🙂

Amanda

February 3, 2022 at 11:44 am #86426
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hi Amanda, nice to meet you! I think this forum will be the main channel for students to communicate, but there might be other ways to connect. I saw another post under Notice Board under the forum list talking about how to form a study buddy group,

https://nzibs.co.nz/forums/forum/noticeboard/

you can have a look see if it might interest you. Let me know if you might be interested in forming one 🙂

Cheers,

Hui

February 7, 2022 at 10:17 am #86436
    Barbara PengellyBarbara Pengelly
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am also just starting out on my journey to become a Life Coach and was counting the “sleeps” until the start of the course. I have completed the 1st assignment and waiting with baited breath for the results. I’m not sure if I will get an email for this or if I need to keep checking on the site somewhere!  Hopefully someone will be able to let me know.

Thank you Hui for starting this chat and hopefully we will all get the information we need on here.

Cheers

Barb

February 8, 2022 at 12:07 pm #86441
    Hui YinHui Yin
    Participant

Hey Barb, great to meet you, and to get to know so many like minded people!

I have also handed in my 1st assignment last weekend, and in the same sort of mood waiting for returns. I saw it somewhere says it should take around 1-3 weeks to turn around, so will just wait patiently and putting more attention on the 2nd assignment. All the best to your study.

Chat soon,

Hui

February 17, 2022 at 4:46 pm #86473
    Amanda SmithAmanda Smith
    Participant

Hey Guys, i would be keen on starting a study/buddy group, something we can access quick and easy for comms, how can we go about this? … 🙂

thanks guys Amanda

February 23, 2022 at 10:42 am #86507
    Barbara PengellyBarbara Pengelly
    Participant

Hi Amanda and all others on this page.

I also am very keen to be involved in a study/buddy group.  I am really struggling finding my way around this online program. Looking for my marked assignments, and forums etc.  It is not a “user friendly” program and I am not a “newby” when it comes to computers and programs. I have a flatmate who was offered this program to use in her business and she turned it down, saying it was not user friendly, so I guess I’m not the only one.  Would love to hear others thoughts!

February 23, 2022 at 1:49 pm #86508
    Vanessa ChaplowVanessa Chaplow
    Participant

Yes sometimes I have found it frustrating finding my way around the system.  But I believe we need to look at the whole picture that includes the tutorials that I have found interesting and gets me reflecting, and Phil our tutor whose feedback and comments on my assignments has created further reflection for personal and professional growth.  Personally with my 3rd tutorial just completed where I just need to proof read before I send it off I have found this program very informative and great for reflection and thought in a holistic way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.