• November 2, 2018 at 10:01 pm #53907
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Because I created this image from my Camera with a Phone, Huawei Pro20, I would like to share with you my latest piece  of ceramic work. With the use of stencils and “reductive” shading (taking the color off the black image to show shading) I have found a new way to make my Wall Art. It is time consuming, but it is fun, for me.

November 3, 2018 at 8:05 am #53916

That looks good and difficult, you have so many things you can do lovely to be so busy and creative and congrats on your camera,  now you always have a camera at hand good enough to use for competitions, cheers r

November 3, 2018 at 8:13 am #53919
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

That’s gorgeous Merlin, owls are one of my favourite birds 🙂

December 4, 2018 at 10:45 am #54963

Auto Fx have released a new software program. I have always been a fan of their “Effects”, their edges program was fantastic – I bought that 20 years ago… however their interface was not always very intuitive. This time it is modernized and easy to play in…

I love the effects, but some need rethinking – some of them are “cheap” imho.. Anyway – have a play with them . You get a free trial for 14 days and that is just long enough to make some ‘cheesy” xmas card photos. Send me one? Or 2?

http://www.autofx.com/new-photo-software.html

I will post a full review on my site

http://www.albanystudios.co.nz/

soon, but I like to know too what you think! Pricewise – and ease of use and do you get enough out of it?

It only uses jpegs, png and bmp files….. so no complications. Cheers – Robert

PS  I bought again another lightbrush system – this time made in France – it is not yet ready to use for me as I need to modify it a little to make it workable for me, but soon “flash” will be “outdated. Exciting! Especially in combination with software…. = another learning curve….challenge….

December 4, 2018 at 10:47 am #54965

cool

December 7, 2018 at 3:51 pm #55080
    Participant

hard to believe this is Summer.

This is the view from my window through the rain.

December 7, 2018 at 7:24 pm #55088

Merlin, love the lines in your images, tree is perfectly placed, those diagonals are diabolically pleasing….

Now some edges and creative editing and you have a lovely Xmas card – try that auto fx ???

December 7, 2018 at 9:44 pm #55096
    Participant

I love your photo Merlin, and i’m loving this summer so far. We’ve had so much rain. 🙂 🙂 🙂 The veg garden is growing like crazy.

[attachment file=55097]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 9, 2018 at 11:23 pm #55164
    Participant

Oh dear me Robert,

I just googeld what “diabolically pleasing”means….. now I am not too sure if my image is okay or evil???

So, on my own assumption, I shall assume that you are most pleased with my diagonals on this particular image.

So am I. And YES I shall play further with your ideas of creative edgings and editing.

Thank you Nicki for your nice words and MAN your cabbage is rather large.

I am loving my Huawei Camera that has a phone, it takes such awesome images.

I just added an image (from my phone camera) of my Grandson’s graduation photo from a recruit into the NZ Army.

I raised him from a wee lad and he has made me so proud. Its so great to be a Nana.

December 14, 2018 at 12:03 pm #55370

Like to wish all students a good time, a happy time, a content time, a peaceful time.

A “blissbunny” time, chilled out and with that great feeling of achievement and completion of tasks well done.

Do not fret of what lies ahead, you can probably not change it.

When it presents itself embrace it and make it your own, you can only do what you can do.

You will be amazed how much you can do if you feel at peace with it…

Create your photos, make photos, tell that story with feeling and compassion and practice something new.

You can find me on my website or blog, although I rarely post there as it is such a timewaster.

Blessings, peace and may the light travel within you.

Robert  XXX.

December 16, 2018 at 5:57 pm #55437
    Participant

Congratulations to your grandson Merlin, he is very handsome. and Merry Xmas to you XX

Merry Xmas Robert. (It doesn’t even feel like Xmas lol). XX

Life is really good 😀

[attachment file=55438]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 21, 2018 at 6:53 pm #55562
    Participant

Blessings to you all. I love this time of year, a time for families to congregate, a time to remember those who passed, and a time to appreciate what we mean to each other and a time to reach out to some poor lonely soul and share the love.

My family will be with us on the day, lots of food and wine, lots of rememberances and lots of love. Just cannot ask for more.

My year has been a mishmash of events, and yet I have achieved well beyond my expectations. My ceramics have been selling very well (maybe now I can afford a tilt shift lens) and my photography is growing. Next year will be my year to concentrate on my Photography.

Love to this family on the SDB, Merlin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags