• July 18, 2016 at 3:54 pm #5591
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

Succulent insides … please excuse the disgusting amount of whipped cream on the apple pie. I’m terribly greedy in that department. 

These were both quick phone pics done at night which was silly for a start but I’m trying different things to see what looks good and I’m failing miserably. 

Both pies taste absolutely scrummy especially the chook one. I used nutmeg in the apple pie this time instead of cinnamon and in my opinion it was nicer. Matty on the other hand prefers cinnamon. 

July 18, 2016 at 6:38 pm #5608

The apple pie can do with a coloured garnish and croping – too much plate for me perhaps a softer different tone background behind the cream like a sunny cloudy sky?

The other photo looks sickening, too much volatile entities on a plate. The taste may be perfection but the mouth eats with the eye too…

July 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm #5611
    Participant

Well I did say I was failing miserably.  😀  But I have an idea how I can photograph my next chook pie. I’m not going to let it beat me.

July 19, 2016 at 3:08 pm #5658
    Participant

Big Ferg loaded up.

July 19, 2016 at 6:40 pm #5672
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Okay, So when will we see you on the digger I see in the background?????

July 21, 2016 at 4:52 pm #5795
    Participant

I will have to take a pic of  all the diggers Merlin.  There’s three of them!

I’m clearing this area so it can become this year’s potato patch. Such a beautiful warm day for digging.  😀

July 23, 2016 at 12:20 pm #5861
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

My boy playing rugby with the First XV.

August 4, 2016 at 11:05 am #6298
    Participant

Cowboy Hash.

Getting a few snowflakes at the moment 😮

August 5, 2016 at 12:31 pm #6380
    Carol MorrisCarol Morris
    Participant

Hi Niki, I just looked at your Cowboy Hash photo. I haven’t had lunch yet and the photo immediately had the saliva running wild. Yum!

August 5, 2016 at 5:16 pm #6399
    Participant

Hope you had something yummy for lunch Carol 😀

The snow has finally settled. Lasted all of ten minutes.

August 6, 2016 at 2:23 pm #6408
    Participant

I have watercress growing rather excitedly in the small tub of the kitchen sink. Actually he has gone berserk sprouting roots along his stems and stretching his leaves in all directions. I change his water every day and rinse his bottom … you know how smelly things like that get. He has become my pet.
    Now I’m nervous he will take over. I mean, I have always wanted a man to be dominant in the kitchen but not one of this variety. I better start eating him.
    What does one do with watercress? I’ve only ever heard of puha and pakeha so I’m guessing he will go well with pig. Or do we taste like chicken? Matty’s arm is looking a tad yummy right at this moment. I will let you know …

September 8, 2016 at 9:51 pm #8934
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

What a precious image, Liz.        Save it for your/her  future.

September 8, 2016 at 10:46 pm #8938
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Thankyou there will be many to choose from by then.

September 9, 2016 at 6:08 pm #8985

What an excellent light position and your viewpoint is good, the image just breathes contentment and a great restful atmosphere.Compliments.

September 15, 2016 at 5:39 pm #9426
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

On Lake Taupo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags