• March 17, 2022 at 1:00 pm #86575
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Hi

In tutorial 9, there are two examples showing how to raise text.  I am trying to figure out the difference between them as one seems to show the vertical line reaching up to the point where the text should move to and the other appears to be a vertical line just around the actual text.  I have attached a document.  Are both correct as long as the instruction states the number of lines to raise the text?

Denise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 17, 2022 at 3:20 pm #86577
    Val GydeVal Gyde
    Participant

Hi Denise

Yes, both examples are the same. The vertical lines in the example at the top are only there to show the margins of the text caption. They are not part of the correction.

You can also check how ‘raise text’ mark-up should look by checking your copy of the Handy Reference Chart.

Kind regards,

Val

March 17, 2022 at 5:08 pm #86578
    Atholl RobertsonAtholl Robertson
    Participant

Hi Denise,

If the text has to be raised to align with the other cells in the row, it may not be obvious how many lines the difference actually is since within a cell the vertical alignment can be top, centre or bottom. So a bar underneath with two vertical arrows pointing up either side and mark raise (circled) in the margin is adequate and the compositor will match the alignment. The reference chart notes that the space may be specified ie not mandatory. My experience both in Word and Excel is that attaining an exact match depends also on the row height specified and it can be a fiddly task. Sometimes it’s easier to redo the table from scratch especially if there are only a few rows.

Kind regards,

Atholl

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.