• April 20, 2019 at 1:13 pm #60280
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

Are any romance writers intending/already booked to attend the Romance Writers of New Zealand (RWNZ) conference in Christchurch in August this year? I’ll be attending the workshops, but also manning, or should I say ‘womanning’, a stand in the new lunchtime Trade Show on Saturday and Sunday. If you do attend the conference, please come along and introduce yourself to me, I’d love to meet other NZIBS students and graduates (I’m a proofreading & editing graduate, not a writing graduate … ‘though you never know what the future will bring). I’m not sure whether I’ll be listed by my name (Kathy Swailes), or my company name (Write or Wrong? editing and proofreading). Plus, I’ll be running some sort of deal (not yet decided what exactly) giving away some editing (developmental editing, or copy-editing or proofreading) as enticement, so it may well be worth a visit – just for that. I hope to see you there.

April 26, 2019 at 9:07 am #60575
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

This sounds great, Kathy, especially the editing deal! These sorts of conferences are so inspiring.

April 26, 2019 at 1:24 pm #60588
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

And one more thing regarding the conference … if there are some romance writers out there who are reading this and considering going to the conference, it’s worth joining RWNZ for the year and subsequently booking your conference attendance because the reduction in conference fees roughly equates to the annual subscription.

Personally I’m looking forward to learning from all those workshops, but the presence of publishers taking pitches, etc. is an awesome opportunity too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.