• February 7, 2018 at 4:24 pm #40833
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

If anyone is considering purchasing the licence to PerfectIt once they’ve graduated, but are not sure what it does, if it’s worth it, etc., I’d be happy to discuss the software with you. I’m a strong supporter of the software and would recommend it, but let me know if you’re interested and we can arrange a conversation ‘off-line’ so as not to bore everyone else.

February 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm #41152
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Hi Kathy, I would be interested.

Monya

February 15, 2018 at 2:51 pm #41322
    Participant

Hi Monya,

I’ve been pre-occupied recently and hadn’t been online much – sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Please feel free to email me at: [email protected]

If you give me your phone number in the email and a good time to call, I’ll do my best to get back to you and we can chat about PerfectIt. Best if you give me more than one time, in case I can’t call at the first day/time you suggest.

Kind regards,

Kathy

March 28, 2018 at 9:12 pm #43854
    Participant

Hi All. Looking into Perfectit, I see that it is not compatible with Macs. For those of you with Macs, what editing software do you use? Thanks

March 29, 2018 at 10:13 am #43862
    Participant

Hi Susan,

I use a PC, but here’s a post (from another forum) and straight from the horse’s mouth regarding PerfectIt on Macs (this was posted on 28th March in the UK, so only a short while ago):

I know I’ve been saying a Mac version of PerfectIt is just a few months away for about three years now, but it really is true this time! You won’t need a Windows environment for PerfectIt (though you will need Office 2016).

Daniel Heuman
    CEO & Founder
    Intelligent Editing Ltd
    http://www.intelligentediting.com

Hope this helps you—it sounds like you just need to hang on a few more months to get it.

March 29, 2018 at 11:47 pm #43886
    Participant

Thank you Kathy 🙂

April 1, 2018 at 9:12 pm #43982
    Karen BakerKaren Baker
    Participant

Hi Kathy

Thank you for your comments on Perfect It, I hadn’t heard of it before but I’ve now found some information about the software and it sounds really helpful although maybe a bit daunting to first set up and figure out how to use it.

Karen

April 3, 2018 at 4:24 pm #44077
    Participant

Hi Karen,

It’s really not too bad. You download the software and run the .exe program and it self-installs. Once you’ve installed it, you’ll see an additional tab in Word labelled PerfectIt 3.0. Just click on the tab, then click on the launch button that will appear. It runs through a whole series of tests on the document you have open. Each time something comes up that either disagrees with the language you set, or grammar rule, or inconsistency (e.g. something that’s hyphenated in one place, but not the other, or heading differences, or, or, or…) it will pause the running of itself and ask you your preference – to change or leave as is. You make your choice by either saying to change it, or just click on next if you wish to leave it. At then end it stops, asks you if you want to do any additional tests (I usually use the remove of double spacing after a full stop, extra test) and you can close it. After it runs, you will see all the tracked changes that it’s done as if you did them yourself.

It does take a little bit of getting used to, but is reasonably intuitive. I didn’t purchase the licence (which is a lifetime licence) until I won my first paying contract after I graduated, but it did mean that my first job took longer to do as I was combining my getting familiar with the software and the actual job. I think that first job took me about three times longer to do than I charged for, but that’s all part of the learning curve.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.