• April 30, 2017 at 11:39 am #23795
    Brian MorrisBrian Morris
    Participant

Whether we know it or not, we are ALL involved in negotiations every day.

“If you eat your spinach you’ll get your desert.”

“But Mr Boss, I’ve contributed to the company’s profit this year so I’ve earned a pay rise.”

“St Peter, I’ve lived a good life. I deserve to go through those pearly gates.”

TIP: Search for some books on negotiating and read at least one.

REQUEST: List the book title and author here, so others can benefit. Start with Roger Dawson.

EXAMPLE: When you’re buying a car/house/whatever: “What’s the LEAST you can live with if I were to buy this car?” After you get a $figure… Flinch! “Is that REALLY the best you can do?” (with disbelief in your voice).*

Author = Alex Mandossian during his weekly webinar:  www.marketingonline.com

*I only apply this when the item is already there, in a box, completed. I do not apply this for services eg dentist, gardener, handyman, mechanic etc. That’s when “you get the quality you pay for” applies. So I happily pay whatever is asked, plus a bit. BM

May 11, 2017 at 7:45 pm #25157
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

My favourite book on selling and negotiations is “To Sell Is Human” by Daniel H Pink. It’s a valuable resource for people in sales, and I have also found it relates to Life Coaching.

Here is the link to a short YouTube interview with Dan about the book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqjghz1voO8

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags