• September 16, 2017 at 12:32 pm #33930
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

I was lucky enough to get a TV Interview for our local station Channel North. Here is my interview… Theatre of The Mind – Interview with Ian King

Any feedback, likes or comments are welcomed… One thing I’ve learned going through the interview process is that you will always forget to say something you wanted to and also, you will be your own worst critic! I watched my interview in horror at some of the tings I said and did…

September 17, 2017 at 5:04 pm #33964
    Carolyn McKenzieCarolyn McKenzie
    Participant

That’s a great presentation, Ian. Don’t be so critical of yourself! I loved the way you gave proofreaders a BIG plug and looked straight into the camera as you did it. Let’s hope that brings more work our way!

September 17, 2017 at 6:50 pm #33972
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

I enjoyed your interview, Ian. Well done!

September 19, 2017 at 4:03 pm #34101
    Liza PujjiDr Liza Pujji
    Participant

That’s fantastic, Ian! We’ll share it on our Youtube Channel 🙂

September 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm #34108
    Carolyn McKenzieCarolyn McKenzie
    Participant

Hi again, Ian. In your interview you mentioned choosing NZ print-on-demand firms instead of using CreateSpace. Can you share any specific company names, please? Thanks.

September 20, 2017 at 4:13 pm #34120
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I enjoyed listening and watching your interview – well done. I liked the contradiction that arose when you said the YA audience is both forgiving and writing for them can be hard; it does make sense in the context of the interview. I’m guessing that’s the appeal of writing for that particular audience. Well done – good marketing.

And I second Carolyn’s thanks for giving proofreaders a solid plug. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kathy

September 21, 2017 at 6:36 pm #34196
    Tina ShawTina Shaw
    Participant

Hey, great publicity, Ian!

September 21, 2017 at 7:14 pm #34202
    Participant

Yay! I’m famous!

September 21, 2017 at 7:15 pm #34205
    Participant

Thanks… We need proofreaders!

September 21, 2017 at 7:19 pm #34207
    Participant

I used http://www.book printing.co.nz and their rates and service were great! You need to do a minimum run of 20 books and my one worked our to be $10.50 + gst per book. If I were to do a run of 100, they would have been around $5 per book.

September 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm #34210
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

Thanks, Ian. I am keen to publish another poetry anthology so I might check them out. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.