• June 25, 2016 at 10:23 am #3933
    David MullerDavid Muller
    Participant

Looks like I am first to get here. Cant help adding my graffiti.

Please add your own post as you arrive here yourself so we know you got here safely

June 25, 2016 at 10:34 am #3937
    Mandy EdwardsMandy Edwards
    Participant

Aw … come on David. Show your tiger face. Maybe, with this new forum we could finally match up writers with proof readers and have short pieces of work submitted to give the proof readers an opportunity to practice their art … and give new writers who are a bit shaky on the grammatical and spelling side of things … some helpful advice?

June 25, 2016 at 11:02 am #3939
    David MullerDavid Muller
    Participant

Ha Ha Mandy. Ok. Will take time to find my tiger. You will have to do with a leopard instead

June 25, 2016 at 3:50 pm #3959
    Jim KennardJim Kennard
    Participant

I am with Mandy on this! We all have slack days and I am sure most proofreaders like me thoroughly enjoy having some written work to get their teeth into. So any writers with something to share, share away!

The picture may be to signify that David is a pussy cat, Mandy! Though in this case I think it is a leopard rather than a tiger.

June 26, 2016 at 3:43 pm #4025
    Dawn CroucherDawn Croucher
    Participant

That’s a great idea Mandy. I’d definitely like to do that as I am almost finished my course but still feeling quite nervous about putting myself out there professionally.

June 26, 2016 at 5:53 pm #4040
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Yep I agree it’d be great to match up writers and proofreaders, I’ve got the last two assignments to go before I finish the proofreading course and do have one (!!) paying client so far – which will hopefully provide some ongoing work, but am keen to have more practice…

June 26, 2016 at 8:54 pm #4045
    Participant

Hi Jim. It is a long story … but David is no pussy cat. Once upon a time, there was a crazy woman who had an identity crisis with a rather famous Bear (namely Pooh), and David, who accidentally found himself on the SDB with a bevy of hormonal woman, became hounded to show his face … as it were. And he chose a very handsome Tiger … which naturally Pooh assumed was his wonderful friend Tigger from the Hundred Acre Wood … and so their friendship began … 🙂 We are friends, aren’t we, Tigger?

June 27, 2016 at 11:06 am #4101
    David MullerDavid Muller
    Participant

Quote from Tigger-

“I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Never, no never. Your friendship is the best present ever.”

June 27, 2016 at 4:15 pm #4193
    Jim KennardJim Kennard
    Participant

Ah! Thanks for explanation Mandy! Now all is clear – I think! I still say that is a leopard though – or maybe an South American Jaguar which also has spots!

June 27, 2016 at 4:47 pm #4209
    Participant

This is not the same Tigger … he seems to have gone down the gurgler with the SDB.

June 27, 2016 at 5:31 pm #4219
    David MullerDavid Muller
    Participant

Jim. You seem to have been confused most utterably. On the previous SDB my Avatar was a handsome tiger. I need to reinstall him here but I have changed computers since then and am having difficulty finding him again. However I am working on it. In the meantime I thought I could fool Mandy with this handsome leopard but it looks like she is on to me and having none of it.

June 27, 2016 at 6:20 pm #4222
    Jim KennardJim Kennard
    Participant

Oops! Didn’t mean to blow your cover!

I must say, this new Forum seems to be encouraging a whole new ;level of discussion – less academic and more fun! Good luck finding your tiger – both of you!

June 27, 2016 at 6:50 pm #4225
    Participant

Gosh! That was very deep and philosophical, Jim. And I hope you are not accusing us of having FUN. That would never do. Proof reading and editing is a very serious business indeed! I had better go to the poetry thread where I belong … ☺ til next time.

June 27, 2016 at 9:21 pm #4233
    David MullerDavid Muller
    Participant

Jim. We used to have a forum labelled ” Over the Coffee Cups,” which supported some lively banter and less serious topics. You wouldn’t have know about, it because firstly for some reason it was buried deep in the Fiction section, and secondly it had faded a bit, more recently. Perhaps we should agitate for a similar forum to be established again where those who are mindful can be a bit irreverant.

June 29, 2016 at 11:00 am #4386
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Hi group – I am Sandra, a newcomer to this course. I am looking forward to all that is to follow. See you soon 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags