• January 26, 2021 at 2:03 pm #84799
    Vaneasa ConnerVaneasa Conner
    Participant

I’m doing the Travel Writing & Photography course, and I’m pretty excited about this new journey. I live in Feilding, Manawatu, but I’m in the process of trying to move to Wellington at the moment. Does anyone else live close by?

January 27, 2021 at 3:08 pm #84805
    Jill MalcolmJill Malcolm
    Participant

Hi Vaneasa,

Welcome and thank you for introducing  yourself. I love you enthusiasm already. I hope you find the course really useful nd enjoyable where it takes you.

I look forward to working with you.

April 28, 2021 at 7:54 pm #85215
    Annette EksteenAnnette Eksteen
    Participant

Hi Jill,

I’m writing with some fear on taking on the challenge of studying journalism.

For years I’ve been penning  thoughts in mind only, never actually writing them down.  Now they’re like multifaceted crystals, sparkling in the matrix of memory.  It is going to be a whole new discipline to chase them down to capture on paper.  One I look forward to …

Seventy years of  life stories, perspectives and  history forces me to risk shaking up the safety of the known.   These blazing colours, form and unction that are stuffed so tightly into the bottle of my brain are jostling to burst out.

I’m still working, as well as working hard at trying to retire.  Hopefully that will happen soon.

At home there is the most intriguing library of old books, diaries and journals collected over time which I cannot wait to tap into for research to share in this new chapter of life.  So much of society has changed with many new nuances and layers of life waiting to be immersed in.  This excites me.

I look forward to your guidance and input.

Anna

May 5, 2021 at 12:18 am #85240
    Annette EksteenAnnette Eksteen
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I just started writing and studying Freelance Journalism and had a good laugh when I re-read my very first effort here.  I think I will frame it for the family to have fun with.  Hopefully I will improve in a few months.

Is anyone else studying Freelance Journalism right now?  I notice quite a few unread and old posts in the Forum.

May 5, 2021 at 2:30 pm #85247
    Vaneasa ConnerVaneasa Conner
    Participant

Hi Annette,

Welcome to the course. I’m Vaneasa. I started at the beginning of the year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.