• April 20, 2023 at 11:09 am #88632
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Just curious to know how many current FLP students there are

April 21, 2023 at 9:37 am #88650
    NZIBS AdminNZIBS Admin
    Participant

Welcome to the course! FLP students are not very active on the forum, we hope that changes soon 🙂

May 15, 2023 at 9:09 pm #89121

Hello Susan, I’m new too. Just started in May 2023.  I’m very excited about the course. My name is Patricia Fitzpatrick and live in the rural Hauraki Plains.

May 16, 2023 at 12:04 am #89122
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Hi Patricia, I’m just working my way through the first Tutorial/Module and starting the Assignment.  I live in Central Otago.

Unfortunately my main dSLR had a drop so I am using my backup camera (Nikon P50 Mirrorless) in the interim while I sort out a replacement dSLR.  It has similar features to the dSLR but less range of aperture.

May 17, 2023 at 12:52 pm #89124
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Chas, are you active in this forum at all?  I am restricted in the aperture range with the camera I am currently using  (2.8-8.0) so I have tried a variety of depth of field shots and most only show a small change, so I changed the subjects and got a little closer.  Hoping I am understanding it all ok.

Also the Portrait (task 4) and Show emotion (task 7) shots were only able to be taken around midday when my subject was available so there is the sunlight and shadow slightly affecting the shots – hope they are acceptable.

And one more thing – the photographs we submit, are they to be edited (eg Lightroom) or unedited versions??

May 19, 2023 at 9:04 pm #89131

My camera is a Canon EOS  6 Mark lll – just had it 6 months – i had a Nikon CoolPix B700 , and before that one i had a Sony for many years.

Hows your assignment going?  i have finished the first one – Profile – for the knowledge test – do you download the pages from the portal? or type it all up on Word ?  thanks

May 22, 2023 at 7:53 pm #89135
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Hi Patricia, I wrote is as a new and seperate Word document

May 24, 2023 at 10:43 am #89140

Hi Susan,  thankyou.  Today I am venturing out to do DOF , close up and Landscape.

July 5, 2023 at 8:28 pm #89189
    Karthik SelvanKarthik Selvan
    Participant

Hi Susan & Patricia,

I am new to this FLP course as well. Started in May. I am from West Auckland.

I am hoping to submit the assignment in next day or so.

Cheers,

Karthik

September 19, 2023 at 7:26 pm #89278
    Yolanda BakerYolanda Baker
    Participant

Hi everyone or anyone out there?

My name is Yolanda.  I am new as of yesterday and am wondering how many people are on this course at the moment.  I live in Ashburton and would love to support others in this passion and  be supported as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone

September 19, 2023 at 9:25 pm #89279
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Hi Yolanda, I am halfway through the course.  Enjoying it and challenging myself.  I recommend doing a bit of self research for some of the assignments too, but Chas gives good starting points for this with each assignment.

March 15, 2024 at 1:06 pm #89469
    Susan ChurchSusan Church
    Participant

Yay I finally finished my final assignment and received great feedback.

Guessing now it all goes to Examination Board for graduation of Diploma

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.