• October 24, 2021 at 1:03 pm #85888
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Hi everyone. My name is Gina. This week I began the Proofreading and Editing course. I’m thoroughly looking forward to the journey ahead.  I’m aiming to make the most of the extra time at home during Auckland’s current lockdown.

October 29, 2021 at 4:40 pm #85907
    Dick WardDick Ward
    Participant

Hi Gina,

Welcome. Let’s hope the course both entertains and informs you through lockdown and beyond. The forum can be a place to ask questions and also find answers as sometimes a query about a specific assignment or tutorial may well have been raised before, so you can search to see what other people have said. It can also be a place to share information that you think would be of wider interest.

So don’t be afraid to post your own comments, answers and queries; it doesn’t matter if a topic has come up previously.

Also, don’t forget that you can email your tutor direct if you have a query or comment that is more about your own issues or progress rather than of a more general nature. If your tutor thinks this might be of wider interest they will let you know.

Good luck

Dick

October 29, 2021 at 4:45 pm #85908
    Angela BissellAngela Bissell
    Participant

Hi Gina

Welcome to the course! I started earlier in the year and am thoroughly enjoying it. There’s some excellent information to be found here in the forum. I confess I’m a lurker more than a participant, but I’ve learned much from browsing the topics and reading the tutors’ replies to other students’ questions.

All the best with your studies!

Angela

October 31, 2021 at 10:54 am #85919
    Sara LoeffenSara Loeffen
    Participant

Hi Gina,

Welcome to the course!  I started mid year and so far have found the course very interesting.  I like Angela’s terminology, I too tend to be a ‘lurker’, but I have found the forum to be very useful!  I hope you enjoy the course.

Sara

November 4, 2021 at 7:31 pm #86008
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestions Dick. I will definitely use the forum and contact my tutor when needed.

Lurking sounds like a great idea Sara and Angela!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Contact NZIBS.
    November 11, 2021 at 9:08 pm #86054
    Val GydeVal Gyde
    Participant

Hi Gina

A warm welcome to the course and for your first post on the forum! As Dick has noted, the Student Forum is a great resource for information on a variety of topics issues relevant to assignments. The general recommendation is to complete one assignment at a time, at least for the first four assignments. By taking things slowly students can act on feedback received to avoid repeating errors. Learning the course content is cumulative so as new skills are introduced, students can apply them in subsequent assignments.

I hope you enjoy the variety of content and assignments in the course. Best wishes for the weeks ahead!

Kind regards,

Val

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.