• February 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm #40550

You have three weeks to send in your photograph that depicts one or all of the following:

“Gap”
    “Shine”
    “Solitary”

Images can be any size, any colour, any modification or alteration can be applied.
    Please think beyond the word, translate it into something that is more than the word.
    Almost like giving the word an emotional meaning.
    So I’m not looking for the literal translation of the words into an image, not that I will exclude them because there might be some magnificent “gaps” somewhere…
    Only three weeks!!!  At the end of February we close it. No extensions, no ifs, no buts.

All students can participate.

If you can combine all three in one image…? Yes please  = 4 entries are possible.

February 28, 2018 at 11:00 pm #42321
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Robert, I must sincerely apologise.

My heart is keen but my time is not. My life at this point in time is a total train wreck.

Not even a defrag would help right now. I have serious family issues to deal with.

What I wanted to create was

GAP – 2 people back to back with emotional differences. A gap in their feelings/relationship.

SHINE – One person looking into the other persons face, the other person having a glow to them, as in Adoration.

SOLITARY – A person looking into a morror but there is no refletion. They are on their own.

So sorry to dissapoint.  Hope you understand, Merlin.

March 3, 2018 at 1:52 pm #42465
    Niki Gael SpeechlyNiki Gael Speechly
    Participant

What I wanted to create (and I eventually will) was an image showing all three.

I thought of digging up a square of dirt with grass on top and photograph that side on. Underneath the clump could be a gap, like it is floating, then down further a row of silhouette hands reaching up. Then on the grass could be a tree and a girl sitting reading a book. A shining light could be coming out of the book.

I want it to look like she has escaped into her own little world away from people and life. Something like that. 🙂 It looks good in my head.

March 7, 2018 at 10:11 am #42813

your ideas are grand, and I thought I give you some easy ideas to photograph smartly and and reasonably quickly, like no fuss pictures. So as you both have progressed into concepts I leave it open until we see some images.

Hence – no more topics from me now – I just wait and see.

Thank you both for the feedback and wish you both good light, good time, spare time, and enjoyment in what you do. What ever that is, do not let your life run away with you it is you who lives it. If I can help in any which way – I am here and there where I need to be…

March 8, 2018 at 10:20 pm #42936
    Marilyn WheelerMarilyn Wheeler
    Participant

Robert, your understanding and kindness knows no bounds.

I shall execute my ideas into images as soon as.

Things are slowly sorting themselves in my household, my train will be back on track within the week. (so to speak)

I am also working toward a solo exhibition at Whangarei for 29th March.

I shall exhibit my pottery and a few of my photographs.

March 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm #42983

Marilyn, this SDB is for your enjoyment – not commitment! so do not feel obliged, I prefer your train becomes the Marilyn Express to Happiness.

Hope your solo exhibition is succesful – that must be a lot of work and that has priority’

Take all care and have a good weekend.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.