• June 11, 2022 at 9:52 am #86747
    Janice MarriottJanice Marriott
    Participant
    • Echo Mountain by Lauren Wolk – I enjoyed this book, the imagery and scenery. I especially like the two main children characters. Ellie who developed in confidence and healing skills. Larkin the mountain boy who is more than he seems and has his own secrets which get revealed. Plus, Cate, the so called ‘witch.’ This book just shows how easily people can be labelled, misrepresented, and misunderstood.
    • The Mystery of the Secret Room by Helen Moss – This book grabbed you from the first chapter. Revealing a mystery to be solved. Each chapter ending in a cliff-hanger moment encouraging you to want to continue reading. It had a good flow and ending. The three children characters all hand their own appeal and strengths adding flavour to the story. Some twists and turns and just the right amount of mystery.
    • The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove – I enjoyed this book so much I read the whole series. I love Fantasy books. This book introduces you to a whole new world, with a fast-moving plot. Lots of unexpected twists and surprises. The main character Sophia together with Theo, a refuge travelling many lands, meeting pirates and traders and many other very interesting characters. Lots of mystery and dangers to navigate.
    • Into the Sideways World by Ross Welford – once again another fantasy book with an alternate world. The main child characters are in a race against time, but no one believes them. It is at times funny and other times a thrilling adventure. I enjoyed this author so much I read another of his books.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.