• September 20, 2016 at 6:01 am #9708
    Brian MorrisBrian Morris
    Participant

A student asked whether it is OK to post oddball stuff on this forum. Principal’s reply:

Q1. “Is this OK?”. Yes, being creative / oddball / unconventional/ non-standard is OK.

In fact, RIGHT HERE is exactly the right place to share your thoughts.

House rules are simple. No offensive language. No personal attacks. No txt spk. Offer positive comments which help people move forward. End of rules.

Q2. Yes, we have links with other services. We are positive about giving a ‘plug’ for anything which can help students and graduates. So we mention helpful software, brands, good shops and suppliers.

Eg: My personal website http://www.ebookofKnowledge.com has ten ebooks for sale. One you’ll appreciate is ‘How to write a short Ebook and put it on Amazon’.

Eg: My favourite bookshop is TIME OUT in Mt Eden, Auckland. They will get books, pack and post nationwide. Nice people.

Eg: You will notice the plug we gave in support of Maria Gill and her book ANZAC HEROES. Look for it in September Newsletter. https://nzibs.co.nz/newsletter

IF YOU HAVE A COMPLETED BOOK MANUSCRIPT avail yourself of various NZIBS services.

1) Ask your tutor for comments, suggestions, advice. They enjoy seeing their students become book authors.

2) Invite 3-4-5 students to proofread your manuscript at no dollar cost to the author. You provide a testimonial to the helpful proofreaders. You include their names in your book credits as proofreaders.

3) If your completed manuscript goes on Amazon post the URL link here so other students and graduates can find it and BUY IT.

NB: You must BUY an ebook before your review will be accepted by Amazon. That is why I recommend putting your ebook up for $1 initially so you can get lots of positive reviews. You can adjust the selling price later.

I hope all this is helpful. BM

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags