• September 22, 2016 at 6:44 am #9913
    Brian MorrisBrian Morris
    Participant

A student asked…”I’m wondering if I need to actually get a business card printed up for Assignment 11 or if I can just design one in Word? Or even just draw one up on paper?

What have others done please?

Also…can the draft stationery feature a completely fictional person and business or should it feature my own details and (hoped-for) business name? Thanks.”

>>>>>

When I see students’ draft flyers, business cards, letterheads etc I usually have some constructive comments to offer. Plus I pass on the benefit of my 20% discount code at Vistaprint.

Tip: You can develop draft designs at Vistaprint and leave them on HOLD. Later you can add ‘DipEdit ‘ or whatever you’ve earned and then PRINT your stuff.

You can do a screen dump print of your designs to show your tutor for Assignment 11 or 12.

BM

>>>>>

Registrar Carol Morris writes:

It is best you use your own name as this will become your business in the future.

You will get valuable feedback on your business card and stationery when you submit assignments 11 and 12. So when you submit assignment 12 you will have taken on board any pointers your tutor gave you for assignment 11.

What you submit for Assignment 12 does not need to be a printed version. It can be a WORD version, or even a hand crafted version.

One thing to remember about business stationery is that it is your branding so make your fonts the same on all your stationery. Be consistent.

Don’t fret over having a logo. It is not essential. But putting your face photo (smiling) is helpful because people like to SEE who they are dealing with.

It won’t matter if you don’t use these draft designs as your final business promo materials when you set up your business for real. This assignment is to help you make good decisions in the marketing field so people who might use your services will notice your stuff and know you are the professional person they want to engage.

CM

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.