• April 20, 2024 at 1:09 pm #89514
    Susan GembitskySusan Gembitsky
    Participant

Hi everyone I joined this course on 15th April. Is Assignment 1 due within 4 weeks of my start date?  or  The calendar month of April? trying to get my head around this different kind of study lol

April 21, 2024 at 2:11 pm #89515
    Val GydeVal Gyde
    Participant

Hi Susan

Welcome to the Proofreading Editing course!

The Student Handbook, which you may have received with your first assignment, contains information about submitting and returning assessments on pages 9 and 10.

The advice is to send in an assignment each month. By doing this students can meet the requirement to complete the course within 12 months.

Sending in assignments monthly enables the administration team to log received assignments into the tracking system, get them marked by your tutor, checked by the office, and then sent back to you. The turnaround time is 1-3 weeks depending on your course and how the assignment was submitted.

However, this approach is flexible and students can manage the pace they want to receive tutorials and submit assignments.

For example, you can arrange with the administration team to send tutorials and assignments slower or faster, depending on other commitments you may have. The contact details for the NZIBS office are on page 5 of the handbook.

I hope that this information is helpful. All the best for the year ahead!

Kind regards,

Val

April 23, 2024 at 11:24 pm #89531
    Dick WardDick Ward
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Welcome. While a student’s enthusiasm is great to see, the danger with submitting assignments too rapidly is that the student could unwittingly be repeating errors, and the more an error is repeated the more likely it will fixed in the student’s memory bank.

April 26, 2024 at 2:06 pm #89534

Hello Susan, Val and Dick

My name is Nina, I started this course in January and I am about to submit my second assignment. I found finding the time to learn new material and completing the assignments properly a juggle between work and family. I am really enjoying the course and learning new things everyday.  I agree with Dick Ward, take time to ensure that you check the details and avoid repeating errors. I am also learning to navigate the student portal, it is all a total mind bender. I am enjoying the growth in myself.

Have a good weekend.

April 27, 2024 at 6:13 pm #89535
    Teresa SchischkaTeresa Schischka
    Participant

Hi Susan, I started on 11 December, so I decided my first assignment was due by 10 January (ie one month). But after that I decided to stick with the ‘once per calendar month’…. so any time in Feb, Mar, Apr etc.

That might work for you too.

Good luck, Teresa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.