• October 8, 2018 at 8:51 pm #52825
    Abi KnaufAbi Knauf
    Participant

Hello,

I have a question regarding the ellipsis in Assignment 6. I have noticed they are consistently spaced (. . .), however at the end the last two ellipsis’s have no space (…).

How can I mark this up accurately to change the latter to be consistent with the first example.

Kind regards,

Abi

October 11, 2018 at 2:35 pm #52918
    Val GydeVal Gyde
    Participant

Hi Abi

There are two types of ellipses so this would qualify as an inconsistency issue. As there are multiple ellipses on several lines and no clear style guideline, it’s likely that the mark up could become quite complex (and thus difficult for the client to read).

A simpler method for dealing with this situation would be to make a note in the usual way to bring the issue to the attention of the author.

I have also sent you a reply to your email about this question.

Kind regards

Val

October 11, 2018 at 2:44 pm #52921
    Contact NZIBSContact NZIBS
    Participant

I . . . was about to answer, tried to delete, but the system won’t allow me to. Sorry, Val.

Best wishes

John

October 12, 2018 at 6:57 am #52935
    Abi KnaufAbi Knauf
    Participant

Thank you so much Val,

That makes much more sense then what I did – which was to assume the spaced ellipses were more consistently used, so I did attempt to mark it up using # and it did look complicated. I received your email just after I submitted the assignment so unfortunately it is incorrect.

Are we allowed to resubmit an assignment if it hasn’t been marked yet? I am on School Holidays at the moment, and was so eager to submit it! Next time, I need to wait until I am completely sure of my assignment.

Kind regards,

Abi

October 23, 2018 at 11:58 pm #53429
    Dick WardDick Ward
    Participant

Hi Abi,

If you have been over-eager with sending in an assignment (although your enthusiasm is great to see) and realise you have made an error in your corrections, the best thing to do would be to email your tutor via NZIBS office explaining what you want to change. However, as you have realised, the best option is to give yourself time to make sure your assignment is as good as it can be within reasonable parameters. There always comes a point when you need to decide on your final version.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.