• April 10, 2018 at 8:23 pm #44391
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

There is a series of free webinars as part of a 24-hour free, online self-publishing conference (loads of individual webinars) starting at 10am GMT (9pm NZT) on Saturday, 14th–Sunday, 15th April. It’s free and there are many well-established/respected writers, editors and proofreaders speaking, so I’d recommend you register yourself and tune in when you can. Here’s the site for registration:

http://selfpublishingadviceconference.com/

April 13, 2018 at 4:22 pm #44513
    Carolyn McKenzieCarolyn McKenzie
    Participant

Thanks for this, Kathy – what a brilliant idea! Enjoy it!

April 16, 2018 at 9:41 am #44667
    Kathy SwailesKathy Swailes
    Participant

Thanks Carolyn, I hope you ‘attended’ the conference too.

So far over the course of the 24 hours I’ve listened selectively to around a third of the webinars. Some about the art of writing itself with the view of appealing to a broad audience, others about the mechanics of preparing your manuscript for publication (including the editing) and of the actual self-publishing (getting it onto the right platforms, etc.), and still others about marketing yourself in the self-publishing industry. Some of the talks are excellent, others a little confusing to be honest, but most were extremely helpful.

I know that the webinars are available to continue listening to over the next few days if you were registered – possibly for those who had not registered too. I strongly recommend that you visit and check it out if you have any desire to self-publish.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.